The Immacudryer is a product for drying comic book leaves that have become very wet, usually through cleaning.
Instructions are to place the leaf between two sheets of reemay paper and two sheets of the immacudryer, then attach the standoff clamps as legs in your preferred orientation.
Product will typically come with four stand-off screws, but the boards will possibly come withwith holes that could accommodate up to 6 standoff screws. The optional holes would be varied positioning of screws or adding more.
The standoff sizes are 1/2″ x 1″.
The immacudryer is approximately 15.5″ x 11′
Adding spring clamps typically encourages the paper the stretch horizonally, this is optional
This is a prototype model and will ship with differences in may feature from that depicted here.
Differences are typically:
- Plastic size, color, thickness, and hole patterm
- Number and size of standoffs
- number and sizes of reemay paper
- cut reemay paper to the size you like to fit on the immacudryer sheets
- place the cover on between two sheets of reemay paper. You may want to dab the cover dry with paper towels through the reemay for faster drying .
- Transfer the reemay and cover to the bottom immacudryer plastic panel
- place another piece of reemay paper atop the cover and top with another immacudryer plastic panel
- add the fastener legs to the immacudryer and place horizontally to dry in ambient air.
- release the pressure from the book after 2-3 hours (loosen the fasteners and lift or remove the top sheet). Do not allow the book to dry completely in the immacudryer. Do not allow the cover to remain more than three hours under pressure. It should still be slightly damp at this time but not wet to the touch.
- allow the book to then air dry naturally, which will required another 8-12 hours total.
See this video for more info: